Board of Directors
Farooq Rahmatullah is a Law graduate. He joined Burmah Shell Oil & Distribution Company in 1968 and worked in different roles in Chemicals, Human Resources, Marketing, Supply, Distribution, Retail, etc. He was transferred to Shell International London in 1994 as a Manager in the Business Strategy Division and was involved in various portfolios covering over 140 countries. On his return in 1998, he was appointed as Head of Operations of Shell Pakistan and was looking after Middle East and South Asia (MESA). In 2001, he was appointed as Chairman of Shell Companies in Pakistan and Managing Director of Shell Pakistan Limited.
He is currently leading an Expert Energy group which has developed a 25-year Integrated Energy Plan (first time ever in the history of energy planning) for the country. This plan has been in principle accepted by the Government, Pakistan Business Council, international agencies and some other stakeholders. The Expert Energy group continues to work in updating and revising the energy plan on an annual basis and engaging political leadership and other stakeholders.
- Chairman of Shell Companies in Pakistan and Managing Director of Shell Pakistan Limited
- Founding Member of PAPCO (Pak Arab Pipeline Company Limited)
- Director General of Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan
- Chairman of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited
- Chairman of LEADS Pakistan
- Chairman of Pakistan Refinery Limited
- Founding Member of Pakistan Human Development Fund
- Member of the Economic Advisory Council, Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan
- Member of National Commission of Government Reforms
- Director on the Boards of PCB, PIA and Pakistan Stone Development Company
Key Positions Held
- Faysal Bank Limited
- Society for Sustainable Development
- Resource Development Committee of Aga Khan University Hospital
- Pakistan Refinery Ltd.-Director and Chairman of the Board
He is serving on the Boards of Directors of
He is also a Trustee of Legends Trust (Formed by the Government of Sindh)
Ahmed Abdulrahim holds an MBA from the University of Glamorgan, Wales (UK), and is an Associate Financial Accountant from the Institute of Financial Accountants, London (UK). He also holds an Executive Management Diploma from the University of Bahrain and an Advance Banking Diploma from the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance.
Ahmed Abdulrahim is the Chief Executive Officer of Ithmaar Bank B.S.C. He started his career with Aluminium Bahrain and, after five years of service ending up as Senior Supervisor, Cash and Banking, as well as one year with Chase Manhattan Bank where he was Head of Financial Control, he joined the National Bank of Bahrain where he served for 28 years in various executive levels and in different capacities, including Manager of Foreign Exchange and Funding, Chief Internal Auditor and Assistant General Manager of Corporate Services Group.
Ahmed Abdulrahim held the dual roles of Deputy Chief Executive Officer at Shamil Bank and Chief Operating Officer at Ithmaar Bank for approximately four years. Following the reorganisation of Shamil Bank and Ithmaar Bank in 2010, he took charge of the Retail Banking Group as General Manager. He currently serves as board member of Faysal Bank Limited (Pakistan), Family Bank, The Benefit Company B.S.C. and Injaz Bahrain.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Nauman Ansari has over 20 years of rich Credit, Corporate and Investment Banking experience, having been associated with Standard Chartered Bank (Karachi), Bank of America (Karachi), ABN AMRO (in Pakistan, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions), Fortis Bank (Middle East) and Crescent Commercial Bank (Pakistan). Nauman holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Business Studies from the USA.
Imtiaz Ahmad Pervez has more than thirty five years of banking experience.
Currently Mr. Pervez is serving as a Director of Ithmaar Bank BSC, Bahrain. His most recent position, from which he resigned in March 2012, was Director of the Al Baraka Bank Pakistan Limited.
He was, earlier, also a board member of the Faysal Islamic Bank of Bahrain; Faysal Investment Bank of Bahrain EC.; Faysal Bank Ltd. Pakistan; Faysal Investment Bank Ltd. Pakistan; Trust Leasing Corp. Limited and Namco Management Company Ltd. From 1959 to 1994, he held many senior positions in the banking industry including that of Chief Operating Officer of Faysal Islamic Bank of Bahrain EC. He was also CEO of Al Faysal Investment Bank Ltd. Pakistan in the year 1990.
He holds a B.A. degree from University of the Punjab, Pakistan and is a Fellow of the Institute of Islamic Banking & Insurance, London.
- Fellow member of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, England
- Graduated from Cairo, with a Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Executive General Manager, Ithmaar Bank BSC, Bahrain (2010-2013) responsible for the support functions: Financial Control, Strategic Planning, Information Technology, Banking Operations, Legal Affairs, Human Capital, Remedial Management, Administration, Shareholders Affairs, Corporate Communication
- General Manager MFAI (Jersey) (2000-2010), wholly owned subsidiary of the DMI group, providing investment and remedial advisory services to the Group
- Executive Senior Manager, Shamil Bank of Bahrain BSC (formerly: Faysal Islamic Bank of Bahrain) 1988-2000; held several senior positions: Head of Financial Control; Head of Internal Audit; Head of Administration, Operations; Head of Corporate Banking Group; Head of Investment Banking Group
- Board member of: Faysal Bank, Pakistan; Islamic Investment Company of the Gulf (under process); CITIC International Assets Management, Hong Kong; United Bank of Albania (until 2011); Gulf Investment Co., Egypt; in addition to sitting on the boards of directors of a number of entities including trading, industrial, real estate development entities in Bahrain, Cayman, Egypt and U.S.A.
- Worked with Touche Rose, London (now Deloitte) – Chartered Accountants. Peat Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG) Bahrain – Chartered Accountants
- Led and was involved in a number of mergers and acquisitions, restructuring of projects and spin offs
Key Positions Held
Tawfeeq Mohammed Mohamed Rafeea Bastaki is a Bahraini banker with more than 30 years of experience in conventional and Islamic banks. He currently occupies the position of Chief Risk Officer at Ithmaar Bank, a position he has been holding since the past 7 years. Mr Bastaki’s experience profile includes the following disciplines:
- Business Financing (conventional and Islamic) – including structuring and syndications.
- Retail Banking including Consumer Financing, Product Designing, Marketing, Products – Reengineering, and Business Planning.
- Credit and Investment Analysis.
- Risk Management including developing policies, procedures, and designing scoring modules.
- Corporate governance.
- Compliance Management including Sharia compliance.
In addition to his position as a CRO of Ithmaar Bank, Mr Bastaki serves (and has served) as board member of many companies in Malaysia, Bahrain, and Kuwait.
Mr Bastaki hold a BSc from University College of Bahrain, Post-Graduate Diploma from University of Bahrain, and Advance Banking Diploma from Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance.
A Chevening scholar (1999) and a business graduate from the University of Bath (UK) and Institute of Business Administration (Karachi), Mr. Ijlal is a senior financial services professional with 18 years of experience in investment banking, advisory and capital markets. During his career, Mr. Ijlal has worked on a number of large ticket deals on the M&A’s, divestitures and corporate restructuring side and has wide regional experience in evaluating, structuring, negotiating and implementing, as well as managing and exiting, all types of corporate transactions including acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and alliances.
At Ithmaar Bank, Mr. Ijlal is assisting in managing assets in excess of USD 1 billion spread over GCC, Asia, USA and Central and Eastern Europe. He is a board member on various investments of Ithmaar Bank in Bahrain, Pakistan, China, Singapore, Central and Eastern Europe and the US.
Mr. Ijlal was previously working as Country Manager for Elixir Securities Pakistan (Former Credit Agricole Indosuez Securities). He has also worked for Deloitte & Touche Pakistan in the capacity of Director of Business Consulting, looking after the business process re-engineering, strategic financial advisory and corporate restructuring areas.
Mr. Ijlal holds MBA degrees from the Institute of Business Administration, Karachi (1994) and Management School, University of Bath (2000)
Mian Muhammad Younis has 36 years of experience in Banking and Financial Sector with extensive knowledge of Banking Operations and Corporate Sector Governance, Rules, Regulations and Audit procedures. During his career he supervised liquidation process of Federal Bank for Cooperatives and Agricultural Marketing & Storage Limited, remained CEO of Khushal Pakistan Fund Limited and Secretary to the National Finance Commission.
Mr. Younis established new ventures and financial public sector entities and has contributed towards policy formulation as member of the boards of various corporate sector entities and banks and carried out financial restructurings of a number non-banking financial corporation’s. Affected recovery of loans extended to Provincial Governments & other public sector entities by Federal Government and also assisted State Bank of Pakistan in managing the overdraft position of provinces, AJK and various public sector corporations. Mr. Younis served in the Public Sector for a longtime and has vast experience in the management of Human Resource gained through Human Resource Policy Implementation while holding positions in different Government, Semi-Government and Autonomous Bodies, i.e., FBR, Board of Investment and the Ministry of Finance.
Mr. Younis holds Masters Degree in Economics and is also qualified in Project Appraisal & Risk Management (Duke, USA), Assessing Financial System Stability (IMF Institute, Singapore), Promotion of FDI (Osaka, Japan), Promotion of Agro Based Industry (Manila, Philippine), and Islamic Banking (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).