Board of Directors
Farooq Rahmatullah is a Law graduate. He joined Burmah Shell Oil & Distribution Company in 1968 and worked in different roles in Chemicals, Human Resources, Marketing, Supply, Distribution, Retail, etc. He was transferred to Shell International London in 1994 as a Manager in the Business Strategy Division and was involved in various portfolios covering over 140 countries. On his return in 1998, he was appointed as Head of Operations of Shell Pakistan and was looking after Middle East and South Asia (MESA). In 2001, he was appointed as Chairman of Shell Companies in Pakistan and Managing Director of Shell Pakistan Limited.
He is currently leading an Expert Energy group which has developed a 25-year Integrated Energy Plan (first time ever in the history of energy planning) for the country. This plan has been in principle accepted by the Government, Pakistan Business Council, international agencies and some other stakeholders. The Expert Energy group continues to work in updating and revising the energy plan on an annual basis and engaging political leadership and other stakeholders.
- Chairman of Shell Companies in Pakistan and Managing Director of Shell Pakistan Limited
- Founding Member of PAPCO (Pak Arab Pipeline Company Limited)
- Director General of Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan
- Chairman of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited
- Chairman of LEADS Pakistan
- Chairman of Pakistan Refinery Limited
- Founding Member of Pakistan Human Development Fund
- Member of the Economic Advisory Council, Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan
- Member of National Commission of Government Reforms
- Director on the Boards of PCB, PIA and Pakistan Stone Development Company
Key Positions Held
- Faysal Bank Limited
- Society for Sustainable Development
- Resource Development Committee of Aga Khan University Hospital
- Pakistan Refinery Ltd.-Director and Chairman of the Board
He is serving on the Boards of Directors of
He is also a Trustee of Legends Trust (Formed by the Government of Sindh)
Ahmed Abdulrahim holds an MBA from the University of Glamorgan, Wales (UK), and is an Associate Financial Accountant from the Institute of Financial Accountants, London (UK). He also holds an Executive Management Diploma from the University of Bahrain and an Advance Banking Diploma from the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance. He is also a certified Director from the Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance.
Ahmed Abdulrahim is the Chief Executive Officer of Ithmaar Bank B.S.C. He started his career with Aluminum Bahrain and, after five years of service ending up as Senior Supervisor, Cash and Banking, as well as one year with Chase Manhattan Bank where he was Head of Financial Control. He joined the National Bank of Bahrain where he served for 28 years in various executive levels and in different capacities, including Manager of Foreign Exchange and Funding, Chief Internal Auditor and Assistant General Manager of Corporate Services Group.
Ahmed Abdulrahim held the dual roles of Deputy Chief Executive Officer at Shamil Bank and Chief Operating Officer at Ithmaar Bank for approximately four years. Following the reorganisation of Shamil Bank and Ithmaar Bank in 2010, he took charge of the Retail Banking Group as General Manager. He currently serves as board member of Faysal Bank Limited (Pakistan), Family Bank, The Benefit Company B.S.C. and Injaz Bahrain.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Nauman Ansari has over 22 years of rich Credit, Corporate and Investment Banking experience, having been associated with Standard Chartered Bank (Karachi), Bank of America (Karachi), ABN AMRO (in Pakistan, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions), Fortis Bank (Middle East) and Crescent Commercial Bank (Pakistan). Nauman holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Business Studies from the USA. He is also a certified Director from the Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance.
Mian Mohammad Younis has 37 years of experience in Public, Banking and Financial sectors and has retired as an Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Finance of the Government of Pakistan. In that capacity he has extensive knowledge of Corporate Sector Governance, Rules, Regulations and Audit Procedures. During his career, he was Head, Inter-Governmental Finance Wing, Regulation Wing, and Human Resource Wing of Finance Division as Additional Finance Secretary (AFS). He was Chief Operating Officer (CEO) of Khushal Pakistan Fund Limited and Secretary to National Finance Commission. He completed the process of liquidation of Federal Bank for cooperative (FBL) and Agriculture Marketing and Storage limited (AMSL) as liquidator (ASML).
Mr. Younis established new ventures and financial public Sector entities through mergers. He contributed towards policy formulation as member of Boards of various corporate sector entities, Banks and carried out financial restructuring of a number of non-banking Financial Corporations. Affected recovery of loans extended to Provincial Governments & other Public Sector entities by Federal Government and also assisted State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) in managing the over draft position of provinces, AJK, and various Public Sector Corporations. He supervised not only the Expenditure Budget of Federal Govt. but also implemented Social Sector Programs.
As Mr. Younis served in public sector for a long time, he gained vast experience in the management of HR through HR policies implementation, while holding positions in different Government, Semi Government and Autonomous Bodies i.e. FBR, BOI, Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB). He established Relief Funds and framed their accounting procedures, Financial/Investment Rules in consultation with Controller General Accounts (CGA) and Auditor General of Pakistan Office.
He holds a Master’s Degree in Economics and is also qualified in Project Appraisal & Risk Management (Duke, USA), Assessing Financial System Stability (IMF Institute, Singapore), Promotion of Direct Foreign Investment (Osaka, Japan), Promotion of Agro Based Industry (Manila Philippines), and Islamic Banking (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia). He is also a Certified Director from the Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance.
Imtiaz Ahmad Pervez has more than 35 years of banking experience. Currently Mr. Pervez is serving as a Director of Ithmaar Bank BSC, Bahrain. His most recent position, from which he resigned in March 2012, was Director of the Al Baraka Bank Pakistan Limited.
He was, earlier, also a board member of the Faysal Islamic Bank of Bahrain; Faysal Investment Bank of Bahrain EC.; Faysal Bank Ltd. Pakistan; Faysal Investment Bank Ltd. Pakistan; Trust Leasing Corp. Limited and Namco Management Company Ltd. From 1959 to 1994, he held many senior positions in the banking industry including that of Chief Operating Officer of Faysal Islamic Bank of Bahrain EC. He was also CEO of Al Faysal Investment Bank Ltd. Pakistan in the year 1990.
He holds a B.A. degree from University of the Punjab, Pakistan and is a Fellow of the Institute of Islamic Banking & Insurance, London.
- Fellow member of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, England
- Certified Director from the Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance
- Graduated from Cairo, with a Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Executive General Manager, Ithmaar Bank BSC, Bahrain (2010-2013) responsible for the support functions: Financial Control, Strategic Planning, Information Technology, Banking Operations, Legal Affairs, Human Capital, Remedial Management, Administration, Shareholders Affairs, Corporate Communication
- General Manager MFAI (Jersey) (2000-2010), wholly owned subsidiary of the DMI group, providing investment and remedial advisory services to the Group
- Executive Senior Manager, Shamil Bank of Bahrain BSC (formerly: Faysal Islamic Bank of Bahrain) 1988-2000; held several senior positions: Head of Financial Control; Head of Internal Audit; Head of Administration, Operations; Head of Corporate Banking Group; Head of Investment Banking Group
- Board member of: Faysal Bank, Pakistan; Islamic Investment Company of the Gulf (under process); CITIC International Assets Management, Hong Kong; United Bank of Albania (until 2011); Gulf Investment Co., Egypt; in addition to sitting on the boards of directors of a number of entities including trading, industrial, real estate development entities in Bahrain, Cayman, Egypt and U.S.A.
- Worked with Touche Rose, London (now Deloitte) – Chartered Accountants. Peat Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG) Bahrain – Chartered Accountants
- Led and was involved in a number of mergers and acquisitions, restructuring of projects and spin offs
Key Positions Held
Mr. Al-Qasimi has more than 31 years of diversified management experience.
His previous positions include Chief Executive of the Labor Fund (Tamkeen), from which he resigned in May 2010, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Labor Fund Project at the Bahrain Economic Development Board, Assistant Undersecretary for Training at the Bahrain Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Director of Engineering and Maintenance at the Bahrain Ministry of Health. He has also served as the Chairman of the Bahrain Qualifications Framework Steering Committee and the Steering Committee of Career Expo and was a Board member of the Bahrain Society of Engineers and the Bahrain Consumer Protection Society.
He is currently a Member of the Board of Ithmaar Bank, Tamkeen, Solidarity Group Holding, Durah Resort Management Company, Naseej BSC, Faysal Bank Limited (Pakistan) and the Bahrain Development Bank, , as well as a Member of the Committee for HRH Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa’s Award for Women Empowerment (Supreme Council for Women, SCW).
Mr. Al-Qasimi holds a BSc in Civil Engineering from Queen Mary College, University of London, UK, and MSc in Health Facility Planning from the University of North London, UK, and a Diploma in Health Care Management from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Bahrain. He is also a certified Director from the Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance.
Mr. Abdulla Taleb, has more than 15 year experience in banking and currently he is heading Commercial and International Banking Department of Ithmaar Bank Bahrain. Besides that Mr. Taleb has strong work experience in a number of banking functions including Islamic financial services, corporate banking, capital markets and credits. Prior to joining Ithmaar Bank he held senior positions in various banks and financial institutions including BMI Bank, First Investment Bank, Shamil Bank and Khaleeji Finance & Investments.
Mr. Taleb has a Bachelor Degree in Banking Finance from Kingdom University and Associate Diploma in Economics Banking and Finance from University of Bahrain. He also holds Advanced Diploma in Islamic Banking from Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance.