Board of Directors
Mr. Syed Naseem Ahmad has a Masters Degree with Honours in Physics, with more than 50 years management experience, of which 27 years have been spent as Chief Executive of eight organisations namely: Education Equipment Technical Assistance Centre, a project of Ford Foundation based in Lahore, Philips Pakistan, Pakistan Security Printing Corporation, Security Papers Limited, SICPA Inks Pakistan Ltd., Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO) National Beverages (Coca Cola), NAMS Trading Company, Doha, Bin Nayfa Al Shahwani International, Doha, State of Qatar. He has also worked in Levers Bros. Pak. Ltd. (UNILEVER).
His overall experience covers a wide field and includes areas of General Management, Human Resource, Administration, Marketing and Sales. He has substantial experience of re-engineering organisations, managing change and establishing independent profit centres within the organisation. He has a unique experience in Pakistan of demerger, when a part of Philips making refrigerators, was separated as an independent legal entity.
Key Positions held:
- President OICCI
- Vice-Chairman, Board of Trustees, KPT,
- Chairman, Engro Chemicals Pakistan Ltd.
- Chairman, Pakistan Security Printing Corporation
- Chairman, Security Papers Limited
- Chairman, SICPA Inks Pakistan Ltd.
- Chairman, Philips Electrical Company of Pakistan
- Member, Board of Governors LUMS
- Director on the Board of PARCO
- Director on the Board of Sui Southern Gas Company
- Director on the Board of Karachi Electric Supply Corporation
- Director on the Board of Karachi Stock Exchange
- Director on the Board of Governors, Pakistan Institute of Management
- Member – Engineering Development Board of Pakistan and numerous Task forces and other advisory bodies.
Presently he is the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Faysal Bank and Director, Pakistan Cables.
Mr. Naseem Ahmad is a certified director having completed the Certificate of Director Education program from Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance
Mr.Naved A. Khan, President & Chief Executive Officer at Faysal Bank, holds a BS Degree from Kelly School of Business, Indiana University, USA and an MBA degree from Butler University, USA. He has over 28 years of work experience with 26 years of broad-based banking experience. His last assignment was as Chief Executive Officer – ABN AMRO Bank Pakistan Ltd. Prior to joining ABN AMRO, he served in senior management positions in Bank of America, Pakistan.
Naved A. Khan is a certified director from Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance.
Key Positions held:
- President of Overseas Investors Chambers of Commerce and Industry (OICCI) for the year 2011
- President of Pakistan Banks Association for the year 2006 & 2007
- Chairman – Academic Board, Institute of Bankers Pakistan from 2008 to-date
- Member of the Institute of Bankers Council since 2007
- Vice President of Institute of Bankers Pakistan
- Member of the Executive Committee, Pakistan Banks Association
- Chairman of PBA Sub Committee of Consumer Finance
- Member of the Board of Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works
- Member of the Board of Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim
- President of Rotary Club of Karachi Metropolitan for the Year 2008
- Member of the Executive Committee Daar Al Maal Al Islami (DMI)
Graham Roderick Walker has been an Executive Vice-President and Group Head of Finance and Risk Management of Dar Al Maal Al Islami Trust (DMI). He has served as a Finance Director of Ithmaar Bank B.S.C. Prior to joining DMI in 2000, he held various senior management positions with a number of major international financial institutions, including The Hong kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Standard Chartered Bank and Foreign & Colonial Management Limited. He has a wide range of experience in banking and financial services.
Graham Walker is a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland.
Key Positions held:
- Director on the Board of Faysal Bank Ltd
- Director and a Member of Executive Board of Committee at CITIC International Assets Management Limited
- Director of Ithmaar Bank B.S.C.
- Member of Audit Committee of Shamil Bank
Farooq Rahmatullah is a Law graduate. He joined Burmah Shell Oil & Distribution Company in 1968 and worked in different roles in Chemicals, Human Resources, Marketing, Supply, Distribution, Retail, etc. He was transferred to Shell International London in 1994 as a Manager in the Business Strategy Division and was involved in various portfolios covering over 140 countries. On his return in 1998, he was appointed as Head of Operations of Shell Pakistan and was looking after Middle East and South Asia (MESA). In 2001, he was appointed as Chairman of Shell Companies in Pakistan and Managing Director of Shell Pakistan Limited.
He is currently leading an Expert Energy group which has developed a 25-year Integrated Energy Plan (first time ever in the history of energy planning) for the country. This plan has been in principle accepted by the Government, Pakistan Business Council, international agencies and some other stakeholders. The Expert Energy group continues to work in updating and revising the energy plan on an annual basis and engaging political leadership and other stakeholders.
Key Positions held:
- Chairman of Shell Companies in Pakistan and Managing Director of Shell Pakistan Limited
- Founding Member of PAPCO (Pak Arab Pipeline Company Limited)
- Director General of Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan
- Chairman of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited
- Chairman of LEADS Pakistan
- Chairman of Pakistan Refinery Limited
- Founding Member of Pakistan Human Development Fund
- Member of the Economic Advisory Council, Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan
- Member of National Commission of Government Reforms
- Director on the Boards of PCB and PIA.
He is serving on the Boards of Directors of:
- Faysal Bank Limited
- Society for Sustainable Development
- Resource Development Committee of Aga Khan University Hospital
- Pakistan Stone Development Company He is also a Trustee of Legends Trust (formed by the Government of Sindh)
Shahid Ahmad has been active in international trade for 40 years. His business interests are in Manufacturing, Real Estate, Investments, Trade, Travel-related Business, News and Cable TV, and Remote Site Management.
He serves on the boards of a number of public and private corporations and philanthropic organisations.
Mr. Lt Gen (Retd) Muhammad Maqbool, HI(M), SBt, has served in the Army for 37 years from 1961 to 1998. Holds a Masters degree in War Studies and has attended advanced professional courses at home and abroad. He has commanded an independent armoured brigade, an armoured division and an infantry division, a strike corps, Pakistan Military Academy and National Defence College (now NDU).
Soon after his retirement in1998, he, with a portion of his pension fund, established “Teach A Child School System” meant to provide “privileged education to the underprivileged”. In January 1999, he assumed the responsibilities as the Managing Director Fauji Foundation (FF)- the largest industrial cum welfare conglomerate at that point in time. Besides six limited companies, he was responsible for the largest non-government nation- wide welfare complex comprising large network of educational institutions, numerous hospitals, static and mobile health facilities, artificial limb centre, vocational & technical training centres accessible to ex-servicemen, their families and in most cases also to the local population. As MD FF, he had a very enriching experience of leading the FF team to negotiate, with the Ministry of Finance, GOP, IFC and consortium of local banks, the financial restructuring of FFC Jordon Fertilizer Company Limited (FJFC; now known as FFBL) and Fauji Cement Company Limited. He successfully established the Fauji Cards Company- a state of the art facility in Islamabad – to manufacture national ID cards.
Key Positions Held:
• Chairman, Fauji Fertilizer Company Ltd
• Chairman, FFC Jordan Fertilizer Company Ltd
• Chairman, Fauji Cement Company Ltd
• Chairman, Mari Gas Company Ltd
• Chairman, Fauji Kabirwala Company Ltd
• Chairman, Fauji Oil Terminal Company Ltd
Wholly Owned Companies
• Chairman, Boards of Management
• Three sugar mills at Khoski, Tando M.Khan & Sangla
• Foundation Gas
• Fauji Corn Complex
• Fauji Cereals
• Fauji Polypropylene
• Fauji Seed Multiplication Farm
• Foundation Securities (Pvt) Limited
• Overseas Employment Services
• FF Institute of Management Sciences
• Foundation Medical College
He has held Directorship positions on the Boards of Human Development Foundation, ABN Amro Bank, and Royal Bank of Scotland.
Currently, he is Chairman, Board of Governors, The Helpcare Society, Lahore and Director, Faysal Bank Limited.