Frequently Asked Questions
How do I buy Faysal aikFaisla Family Health Plan?
You shall receive a call from Faysal bank Business Development Unit (BDU) for enrolment and if you are a healthy adult Pakistani of up to 59 years of age, you will be enrolled upon your acceptance. No medical examination is required. You can also contact your branch or relationship manager for further assistance.
Whom I can enrol under my policy?
You can include your spouse up to the age of 59 years and a maximum of 4 dependent children above 90 days old, in your policy. Once enrolled, the coverage can be continued up to age of 60 years.
How does Faysal aikFaisla Family Health Plan work?
Suppose you, your spouse and your child are covered for Rs.100,000/- each, under an Individual Health Insurance Policy. This means you are paying premiums against coverage of Rs 100,000/- for three separate policies. In an unforeseen situation, if one of the insured member requires hospitalisation and the medical expenses amounts to Rs.250,000/-, the Individual Health Insurance Policy would cover only upto Rs.100,000/-, while the remaining amount of Rs.150,000/- would have to be borne by yourself.
But if you opt for Faysal aikFaisla Family Health Plan of Rs.300,000/- the total limit would be shared among all the insured members. This means all the insured members enroled under the policy, individually and collectively, enjoy health insurance cover of upto Rs.300,000/- In this scenario the above medical expense of Rs.250,000/- will be fully covered under Faysal aikFaisla Family Health Plan.
The maximum amount that can be claimed under the policy during a policy year will be limited to the Annual Family Limit selected by you.
What is the General Waiting Period?
In the first policy year, coverage would be effective after fifteen (15) days once the policy has been issued and has been delivered to the Main Insured Member, except for Accidental Emergencies which will be covered from the effective date of the policy.
What are the advantages of a Network Hospital?
Allianz EFU has developed a network of over 170 carefully selected hospitals nationwide. You can download a complete list of Network Hospitals from their website www.allianzefu.com.
In case of hospitalisation, you can choose any of the Network Hospitals for your treatment without having to pay out of pocket. You can avail the credit facility by a simple pre-authorization procedure and Allianz EFU will settle the bill directly to the hospital, as per your entitlement.
Can I be treated at a Non-Network Hospital?
Yes! But the initial treatment expenses will be borne by you. Allianz EFU will reimburse these expenses on submission of the original bills, subject to reasonable charges that would have been incurred at a comparable network hospital for a similar treatment.
Are pre-existing medical conditions covered?
Pre-existing medical condition means any sickness, disease or injury or any symptom related to such sickness, disease or injury which has been diagnosed, treated or is under treatment or has been known, even if no medical advice or treatment was sought, before the effective date of this insurance.
Pre-existing conditions, if any, must be disclosed by the insured member at the time of enrolment. Any treatments due to pre-existing condition are not covered under this policy.
Is there any exclusion?
Expense arising from or related to Pre-existing conditions, Pregnancy and Childbirth, Outpatient treatment, congenital birth defects, war, invasion, civil unrest, infertility, cosmetic treatment, routine medical check-up etc are not covered.
Are there any in-admissible conditions?
The policy is not available to people suffering from Cancer, Diabetes or HIV/AIDS
Will I be refunded the premium if I cancel the policy after Free Look period?
No premium will be refunded after the Free Look period is over.
In how many days will I receive the policy documents?
Your policy documents along with your Health card will be dispatched to you within 10 working days once the account has been debited.
What is the procedure in case I want to cancel Faysal aikFaisla Family Health Plan?
You may either call Customer Interaction Centre at 111 000 325/111 06 06 06 or provide a written cancellation request by visiting any Faysal Bank branch. Premium will only be refunded if the request has been submitted within 14 days (Free Look Period) after receiving the policy document provided there is no claim.
Who is Allianz EFU?
Allianz EFU Health Insurance Limited, a joint venture between Allianz SE, Germany and EFU Group, is the underwriter of this Policy. It is the first Specialised Health Insurance Company in Pakistan.
Are there any Discount Centres?
To add greater value to our services, Allianz EFU Health Insurance Limited has chosen providers in major cities like Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi etc. whereby the insured members can avail discounts on Out-Patient Consultations, Investigations and purchase of medicines just by presenting their Health Cards.
In addition to this, credit shall be extended for Specialised Investigations like MRI, CT Scan and Thallium Scan (where available) provided prior approval has been taken from Allianz EFU Health Insurance Limited.
- Faysal Bank Limited (“Bank”) is acting as a distributor of the Insurance Policy on behalf of the Allianz EFU (“Insurance Company”) and shall not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever to any person, including, but not limited to the Insured customer or any third party
- The Insured Customer statement of account/application form or recorded verbal statement and Declarations will act as his/her enrolment under the program (if his/her account is charged under the program) and will govern the determination of the rightful beneficiary under this insurance coverage
- It is clarified that the Bank shall not, under any circumstances, be liable either directly or indirectly for any obligation of the Insurance Company as the Insurer
- Further, the Bank shall not be construed or deemed in any manner to be the agent or broker of the Insurance Company in respect of any other policy
- In addition, the Bank shall not be either directly or indirectly liable for any obligation of the Insured Customer towards the Insurance Company in respect of the business or any policy offered to the Insured Customer. These policies shall constitute as independent contracts between the Insurance Company and the Insured Customer.
- This product brochure only gives a general outline and introduction of the benefits available under the policy. For exact terms and conditions, please refer to the Policy document.