Corporate Social Responsibility
Faysal Bank views its CSR effort in a holistic perspective. The scope of its corporate social responsibility encompasses various publics including its customers, investors, employees and the communities within which the bank operates.
The Bank endeavors to follow best business practices and comply with rules and regulations to ensure that the interests of its investors and customers are not compromised in any way. Efforts towards this end are mostly internal to the bank, such as intensive employee training, adherence to regulatory requirements and good governance. The bank’s management practices and financial disclosures have been recognized repeatedly over past years by MAP, ICAP, ICMAP.
Faysal Bank ensures that fair human resource and vendor management policies exist and are applied to make the association with the bank a pleasant and rewarding experience. The Bank provides training opportunities to all categories of employees towards human resource development for the banking industry and personal development.
The focus of Faysal Bank’s external CSR is education as we sincerely believe that a good education is the panacea to most problems prevailing in the country. The CSR effort in this regards is two pronged. Firstly, the bank directly pays for educational expenses of identified economically disadvantaged children and secondly, for supporting extra curricular and skill based activities of both government and private school students towards their holistic development as good Pakistani citizens. We believe that offering this opportunity of quality education will enable children to bring themselves and their families towards greater prosperity.
- An endowment towards establishing a teaching chair at the IBA, University of Karachi for its Executive MBA – Banking and Financial Services programme.
- Tuition expenses of financially underprivileged children at TAC school in Lahore.
- Tuition expenses of financially underprivileged children at Sargodhian Spirit Trust school in Sargodha.
- Sponsorships of declamation and debate contests for school children in Karachi.
- Sponsorship of government school children under the Duke of Edinburgh Award programme.
- Donation of computers to TCF schools countrywide
- Donation of computers to Behbud Vocational Training Centre in Karachi
- Donation of computers to TAC school in Lahore
- Donation of computers to Mashal Trust hostel for orphans in Karachi
The bank’s philanthropic efforts are often combined with its CSR efforts to support other causes falling in the health and welfare sectors.
Some recent examples
- The Bank and staff joint fund raising and provision of support to IDPs in Swat
- The Bank and Rotary Metropolitan Club joint efforts for support of IDPs
- Visit to Cancer Ward of the National Institute of Child Health, JPMC, Karachi
- Donation of computer accessories to The Child Aid Association, NICH, JPMC, Karachi
- Sponsorship of Special Olympics