Mobit – Mobile Banking Terms & Conditions
By accepting following terms and conditions the Customer:
1. Irrevocably authorizes the Bank to debit his / her Bank Accounts which have been prescribed by him / her at the time of registration for execution of all transactions/services undertaken using mobile banking.
2. Agrees that he / she is aware and accepts that mobile banking services offered by the Bank will enable him / her to execute any financial transaction using mobile phone within the limit prescribed by the Bank.
3. Agrees that the facility entitles him / her to use only a mobile phone registered in his / her name with the Mobile Service Provider and undertakes to use the facility only through the registered mobile number which has been used to register for the facility.
4. The Bank reserves the rights to offer the facility to only those Customers who are availing service of a specific Mobile Service Provider.
5. The Customer shall be required to acquaint himself with the process for using the facility and the Bank shall not be responsible for any error made by the Customer while using the facility.
6. The Bank reserves the right to decide what services may be offered, making additions / deletions to the services offered under the facility at its sole discretion. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Bank may, in its sole and absolute discretion, without notice and from time to time add to , vary, alter, suspend or remove any part of or all of the Mobile Banking, or any function or feature of Mobile Banking, without giving any reason and without incurring any liability. The Customer may currently avail the services listed below as part of Mobile Banking; however the Customer acknowledges that the list is for information purposes only:
Change PIN Contact Us
7. The instructions of the Customer shall be effected only after authentication of the Customer by verification of his / her USER ID and MPIN or through any other mode of verification as may be stipulated at the discretion of the Bank.
8. It shall be the endeavor of the Bank to carry out the instructions received from the Customers promptly. However, the Bank shall not be responsible for delay / failure in carrying out the instructions due to any reasons whatsoever including failure of operational system or due to any requirement of law. The Customer expressly authorizes the Bank to access his / her Account information required for offering the services under the facility and also to share the information regarding his / her Accounts with the service provider / third party as may be required to provide the services under the facility.
9. The transactional details will be recorded by the Bank and these records will be regarded as conclusive proof of the authenticity and accuracy of transactions.
10. The Customer understands that the Bank may send rejection or cannot process the request messages for the service request(s) sent by the Customer which could not be executed for any reason.
11. The Bank shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Customer information is kept confidential. However, the Bank shall not be responsible for any inadvertent divulgence or leakage of confidential Customer information for reasons beyond the control of the Bank.
12. The Customer expressly authorizes the Bank to carry out all requests / transactions purporting to have been received from his / her mobile phone and authenticated with his / her MPIN without having to verify the authenticity of every request / transaction.
13. In the case of payment facilities like bill payment, the Customer shall be deemed to have expressly authorized the Bank to make the payment when a request is received from him / her.
14. It is the responsibility of the Customer to advise the Bank of any change in his / her mobile number or loss / theft , misuse or unauthorized use of his / her mobile phone contacting the bank at the first possible instance at: UAN : 111 06 06 06
15. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure the correctness of the information supplied by him / her to the Bank through the use of the facility or any other method. In case of any discrepancy in this information, the Customer understands that the Bank will not be in any way responsible for action taken based on the information. The customer may, in certain cases, request the Bank to stop the transfer or transaction by calling the designated helpline of the Bank. The Bank shall comply with the request only where it is operationally possible to do so and this shall vary from case to case. The Bank shall, at its sole discretion, decide whether it is possible to stop a transaction or execute. The Customer shall agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Bank against any loss, costs, claims, damages, expenses, liabilities or proceedings, which the Bank may incur or suffer as a result of acting upon or delaying to act upon or refraining from acting upon the aforesaid stop payment instructions.
16. If the Customer notices an incorrect, erroneous or unauthorized transfer of funds using the Mobile Banking, whether on receipt of the periodic statement or otherwise, or any other omission, the Customer must immediately inform the Bank at the designated helpline and provide a written confirmation within ten days of the oral notification at the designated helpline.
17. The Bank, and the Mobile Service Provider will conduct an investigation and report their findings to the Customer and correct any error, if so required.
18. The Customer accepts that the Bank shall not be responsible for any errors which may occur in spite of the steps taken by the Bank to ensure the accuracy of the information and the Customer shall not have any claim against the Bank in an event of any loss / damage suffered by the Customer as a consequence of an inaccurate information provided by the Bank
19. The Customer will solely be responsible for all transactions made through the use of his / her mobile phone, SIM card and MPIN, regardless of whether or not such transactions are in fact entered into or authorized by him / her.
20. The Customer shall take all necessary steps possible to ensure that his / her mobile phone is not shared with anyone and shall report any misuse / loss of the mobile phone or SIM card immediately. If the customer failed to do so immediately, the bank has no liability in any case
21. The Customer shall keep the MPINs confidential and will not disclose these to any other person or will not record them in a way that would compromise the security of the services.
22. The Customer undertakes to take full responsibility in protecting the security of Mobile Banking Login ID, Login PIN, and MPIN / FPIN (i.e., Mobile / Financial PIN). The Customer might be advised to change the PINs on a frequent basis and:
- The Customer undertakes to ensure that the PINs are kept confidential; and to not let any person have access to his / her mobile banking Account.
- If the Customer forgets the Mobile Banking PINs, he / she may reset his/her password via the password change procedure defined at that time by the Bank.
23. The Customer agrees and undertakes not to use mobile banking or any related services for any illegal or improper purposes. For this, the Customer agrees to ensure that:
- a. He shall provide the Bank such information and / or assistance as is required by the Bank for the performance of the Services and / or any other obligations of the Bank under this Agreement.
- b. He shall not at any time provide to any person, with any details of the Accounts held by the Bank including the passwords, account number and ATM / Debit Card numbers.
24. The Customer agrees that he shall not respond to any email / letter / SMS asking his login ID, mobile number, Login PIN and MPIN / FPIN. The Bank shall not be responsible in case of any financial loss arising against any of such breach or compromise.
25. The Customer will be solely responsible for any kind of fraudulent or erroneous instructions given from his / her mobile phone and / or SIM card and any financial loss / charges thus incurred will be payable by the Customer.
26. The Customer shall keep himself / herself updated with regard to any information / modification relating to the services offered under the facility, including the limits and frequency of permitted transaction, which would be publicized on the websites and at the branches. The Bank shall not be responsible if the Customer fails to do so.
27. The Customer shall be liable for all loss if he / she has breached the Terms and Conditions contained herein or contributed or caused the loss by negligent actions or a failure on his / her part to advise the Bank within a reasonable time about any unauthorized access to the Account.
28. The Customer can request for termination of the facility by contacting the Bank. Notwithstanding the termination of the said facility, the Customer shall remain accountable for all the transactions made prior to confirmation of any such cancellation request on the Customer’s Account.
29. The Bank may, at its discretion, withdraw temporarily or terminate the facility, either wholly or in part, at any time without giving prior notice to the Customer. The facility may be suspended for any maintenance or repair work or in case of any emergency or for security reasons. The Bank shall endeavor to give a reasonable notice for withdrawal or termination of the facility but shall not be responsible if such an action has to be taken for reasons of security or emergency.
30. The Bank may also terminate or suspend the services under the facility without prior notice if the Customer has violated the terms and conditions laid down by the Bank or the death of the Customer is brought to the notice of the Bank.
31. The Services being offered by the Bank shall be subject to charges as provided in the Schedule of Charges (SOC) of the Bank, which may be revised from time to time and communicated through revised/latest SOC. Further, the Customer shall be liable for payment of aforementioned services and/or such airtime or other charges which may be levied by the Telco or the Bank in connection with receiving the Alerts. In the event that the Customer is required to make any payment in connection with the use of the Services, the Bank shall have the right to debit the Customer’s Account(s) with the Bank. However, in case neither the customer pays the charges nor sufficient balance available in his/her account, the Bank reserves the right to suspend the Services without any prior notice.