Shariah Board Member
Dr. Mufti Khalil Ahmad Aazami is a renowned Shariah Scholar in the Islamic Banking industry. Dr. Aazami has graduated from Jamia Darul Uloom, Karachi. He obtained his Shahadat-ul-Aalamia (Masters in Arabic and Islamic Studies) and Al-Takhassus fi al-Iftaa’ (Specialization in Islamic Jurisprudence and Fatwa) from Jamia Darul Uloom, Karachi. Dr. Aazami holds a Doctorate degree in “Islamic Jurisprudence” from University of Karachi.
Dr. Aazami is working with Bank Alfalah Limited-Islamic Banking since 2003 in the capacity of Shariah Advisor and now serving Bank Alfalah Limited-Islamic Banking as Chairperson Shariah Board since 2015. He is also a Shariah Board Member of National Bank of Pakistan-Islamic Banking and Faysal Bank Limited-Islamic Banking.
Dr. Aazami has served as Shariah Advisor / Shariah Board Member in different financial institutions including:
- Takaful Pakistan Limited (2005 – 2014)
- Alfalah GHP Islamic Fund (2007 – 2014)
Dr. Aazami has significant research experience related to Islamic Finance and other Shariah related subjects. Furthermore, he is the member of AAOIFI Shariah Standards Committee (Karachi). He is an author of numerous publications. He is also an experienced lecturer and trainer in the field of Islamic Finance, Economics, Fiqh, Islamic Financial Laws and General Islamic Science at various institutions which include:
- Jamia Darul Uloom, Karachi
- Centre for Islamic Economics (“CIE”)
- National Institute of Banking and Finance (“NIBAF”) – SBP
- Sheikh Zaid Islamic Research Centre – University of Karachi
- Institution of Business Administration- Centre for Excellence in Islamic Finance (“CEIF”)